The Screen Actors Guild will present its awards tonight for best performances in television and cinema. Meryl as we know is nominated in the Supporting Actress category for her performance in Into the Woods. My predictions in the film categories are as follows:
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel
4. The Imitation Game
5. The Theory of Everything
I'm predicting Boyhood for Best Picture at the Oscars, but I have a feeling Birdman will take this one, and in fact, The Grand Budapest has a chance here as well.
Male Actor in Leading Role
1. Michael Keaton (Birdman)
2. Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)
3. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game)
4. Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler)
5. Steve Carell (Foxcatcher)
Redmayne has a shot, but I'd be surprised if Keaton didn't take this.
Female Actor in a Leading Role
1. Julianne Moore (Still Alice)
2. Reese Witherspoon (Wild)
3. Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl)
4. Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything)
5. Jennifer Aniston (Cake)
Moore all the way.
Male Actor in a Supporting Role
1. J.K. Simmons (Whiplash)
2. Edward Norton (Birdman)
3. Mark Ruffalo (Foxcather)
4. Ethan Hawke (Boyhood)
5. Robert Duvall (The Judge)
Female Actor in a Supporting Role
1. Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)
2. Emma Stone (Birdman)
3. Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game)
4. Meryl Streep (Into the Woods)
5. Naomi Watts (St. Vincent)
I'd be absolutely shocked if Arquette were not the winner. If by some miracle Meryl took this it would be exciting, and since Arquette has won everything in sight up to this point and will likely win the Oscar, this wouldn't seem that undeserved.
Tune in tonight on either TNT or TBS at 7:00 pm CT.